FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

There is no second chance - invest in a defibrillator now

Defibrlllators

An Automated External Defibrillator is a small battery powered device that delivers an electric shock (defibrillation) to the heart of victims of Sudden Cardiac Arrest. This may allow the heart to regain its normal electrical rhythm and start pumping again.

Automatic Defibrillators are extremely easy to use. In fact it is recommended that anyone should use them regardless of whether or not they have been trained in their use.

Early CPR and Early Defibrillation are the only two interventions used in Sudden Cardiac Arrest that have been proven to be of benefit to significantly increasing the chances of survival.

Early Defibrillation is so pivotal to a victims chance of survival, we believe it is not acceptable to simply sell a defibrillator. Rather workplaces and sporting clubs need to invest in a defibrillator program. This is why we are passionate about providing ongoing support to all of our clients.

Frequently Asked Questions about Defibrillators

CPR GraphMore than 30,000 Australians die from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) each year.

Early defibrillation with a device such as an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) has been demonstrated to be the most effective method of saving a person from Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

Traditionally the chances of survival from Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the community is less than 5%. However in areas where automated defibrillators are easily accessible, the chances of survival can be as high as 85%.

If a person is defibrillated within the first minute of collapsing in sudden cardiac arrest, the chance of survival is 90%. However, for every minute that defibrillation is delayed, the chances of survival decrease by approximately 10%. By the time 10 minutes has passed, the chance of survival is less than 5%.

Cardiac Arrest occurs when the heart stops pumping blood around the body. When this occurs the person will die if they do not receive life saving CPR and Defibrillation in the first few minutes.

Sudden Cardiac Arrest can strike anyone of any age or fitness at any time. it happens suddenly without warning and can have many causes including heart attack and undetected congenital disorders. Often in the young a sudden cardiac arrest during exertion such as playing sports is the first time an abnormality is detected.

There are no known cases anyone being sued for having a working defibrillator. However there are a number of cases in the USA where airlines, health clubs and theme parks have been sued for failing to have a defibrillator on site.

Public awareness about the importance of defibrillators has increased significantly over the past few years to the point where there is often an expectation for a defibrillator to be available.

Defibrillators are very simple to use and are designed to be used by anyone even if they have no training. Once turned on the defibrillator will provide verbal and visual prompts to guide the rescuers throughout the resuscitation, as well as provide a timing metronome to indicate the correct rate of chest compressions.

Whilst they are simple to use, it is strongly recommended that as many people as possible receive familiarisation training and and at least annual refresher training.

FRED Easy Defibrillator

$2,200

Our standard public access defibrillator.

The semi-automatic defibrillator, FRED® easy, makes resuscitation even simpler and more effective thanks to the efficient and myocardium-saving defibrillation impulse called Multipulse Biowave®.

  • Fred Easy defibrillator
  • 1 Pair Adult Electrodes
  • Soft Carry Case
  • 5 Year Warranty
  • First Aid Items
  • Register with Ambulance (Vic Only)

Starter Package

$2,300

For the extra $100 you get The FRED Easy Defibrillator deal plus.
  • Wall Bracket
  • 5 Year Electrode Replacement
  • "Defibrillator Located At" Sticker
  • Defibrillator Sign
  • CPR Poster
  • Monthly Reminder to Check Defibrillator

FRED EasyPort
Defibrillator

$3,300

The external defibrillator is so small and light that it fits in every coat pocket and every doctor's bag, and still meets all requirements of a modern defibrillator.
Light – Only 490g (including battery)
Small – only 133 X 126 X 35 mm
High Resolution LCD

Includes:
  • FRED EasyPort Defibrillator
  • Spare Battery
  • 1 Pair Adult Electrodes
  • Semi Rigid Case
Using a Defibrillator
Ambulance Victoria 4 Steps for Life
Video by Parent Heart Watch
Chris Maclagan Silvan Football Club
The is an open letter expressing our gratitude to the fantastic people at Staying Alive. In March 2011 one of our young players Vinny Bonanno collapsed..and tragically passed away.

Our club didn't have a defibrillator available and was something we never thought we'd need. It's unclear whether a defibrillator might've saved Vinny but it would be nice not to have that "what if" factor running through our minds. It is something I hope no other sporting club will have to experience.

Staying Alive donated a Schiller defibrillator and training to our club in honur of Vinny. The training was easy to understand and covered all aspects of the operation of our new defibrillator...If anyone is looking into purchasing a defibrillator I recommend these great people and their state of the art products

TOP UA-33800987-1